Black Hairy Tongue - BHT (Lingua Villosa Nigra)
Taste buds can grow up to 15 times their normal length (this is like a hairy or bloom). Normally, the taste buds are pinkish-white. However, as they grow, they are painted due to food, beverages, and possibly pigments from bacteria or yeast, and they appear as black or dark brown feathers or bristles. Most of the time this color is black. However, brown, yellow, green or other colors can also emerge.
Causes of black hairy tongue
• smoking or smoking
• drinking coffee or tea
• use of antibiotics (may disrupt the normal balance of bacteria in the mouth)
• medicines containing chemical bismuth (eg Pepto-Bismol for stomach uptake)
• do not produce enough saliva (use medication to prevent disease or saliva production)
• regularly use garbage containing peroxide, witch hazel or menthol
• To receive head and neck radiation therapy
Apart from these, black hairy tongue is more common to men, to those who use intravenous medication, and to those who are HIV positive.
Appointment Phone: +90 212 561 00 52
Mobile phone: +90 533 6550199