Ethnic Rhinoplasty in Istanbul
"Ethnic Nose Aesthetics" is a type of "rhinoplasty" which is planned for usually of African and other different places origin noses and is applied to nose with thick skin structure, which involves different and more difficult operations.
Ethnic Nose TypesEthnic nose types are simply divided as Mediterranean, African, Asian, Caucasian and Hispanic nose types. All of them are different and each nose can be subdivided within itself. Very nice article about "14 nose types" was published at "Daily Mail Online" and you can look at the this link >> There are 14 types of nose... which one is yours?
Why Ethnic Rhinoplasty Is Different From Classical Nose Esthetics?During Ethnic Rhinoplasty operation, different procedures are required depending on the following different anatomical features:
Thick Skinned Nose Structure
|Thick Skinned Nose Structure|
In patients with thick skin, it can be noticed that the skin is very thick and the nose skin seems to be more oily (skin thickness can be secondary to sebaceous overactivity), especially when it is closely observed (in nose tip part) and when it is stuck with two fingers. The different procedures for the Thick skin rhinoplasty operation can be listed as follows:
- Open technique can be choosen to nose tip skin elevation with "bilevel dissection" maneuvers include and underskin tissue can be removed to achieve to thinner skin (trimming redundant nasal skin)
- Removing the fat tissue that overlying and between the alar cartilages domes
- Additional cartilage grafting to creating a firm cartilaginous frame of nose tip. Depending on the thick skin "camouflage effect" may occur and cartilage grafting may be necessary in the nose tip area to avoid the appearance of a "round shaped nose".
- Eliminating dead space between the cartilages using the suture techniques
- Avoid excessive thinning of alar cartilages. Because thick and oily skin is normally heavier and can cause it to collapse on the nose wings.
Wide and Flat Nose Holes
|Wide and Flat Nose Holes - Ethnic Rhinoplasty|
In the case of the African nose type, it may be necessary to perform "alar base resection" operations, which can be done from the inside and outside to reduce the nose wings. Care must be taken during this operation and excessive resection must be avoided to ensure that the nose functions of the patient are not impaired.
Flat Nose Bone and Nasal RootIn some parts of African countries, patients have a fairly flat nasal root and nasal bone; large and wide nose tip can be found. That is, when there is insufficient volume in one part of the nose; the other part is normally thick and wide. It may be appropriate to use a combination of different techniques, including augmentation rhinoplasty with reduction of nasal tip volume. In these patients, additional cartilage that can be taken from outside the nose may be needed to increase nasal volume during surgery (from the patient's own rib cartilage or ear auricle cartilage or cadaveric irradiated rib cartilage).
Different Healing Properties Depend on Thick and Oily Skin Structure
In thick-skinned noses, more auspicious edema (and an exaggerated rounded appearance due to it) after aesthetic nose operations and a longer duration of edema can be seen (up to 2 years). Unfortunately, cream applications involving herbal remedies, natural oils, massage treatments, cortisone injections, or vitamin a derivatives, which are used to reduce the ophthalmia seen after a thick skin rhinoplasty operation, especially at the tip of the nose, are not always effective.
Skin Incision Healing Line Can Be More Visible in Patients With Dark Skin Color
Thick Skin Structure + Thin and Soft Cartilage Structure
In some ethnic noses, besides thick and oily skin structure; it can be gentle and thin cartilage structure. In these cases, the possibility of "alar collapse" should not be overlooked when the cartilage grafts prepared to support the skin is applied in several layers, the alar cartilages are not thinned too much and the nose wings are narrowed.
Nose Aesthetics Simulation Made Before Ethnic Nose Aesthetic Operation May Not Reflect Real Result!
Longer Nose Tip Swelling Time and Medical Treatment Controversies in Thick Skin Rhinoplasties
|Thick Skin Rhinoplasty - Oily Skin Rhinoplasty - Ethnic Rhinoplasty|
It can help to pay attention to the following suggestions for edema and swelling after ethnic nasal aesthetic operation (almost all are controversial):
- Nasal massage with natural oils
- Use of anti-edema gels and creams
- Use of retinoid-containing skin products
- Cortisone injection
- Use of oral swlling and bruism herbal tablets (arnica, bromelain, quercetin tablet ...)
Open Technique Can Be More Suitable for African American Nose Esthetic Surgery
Cost of Ethnic Rhinoplasty in Istanbul
Is There A Difference in Terms of Patient Care After Nose Aesthetic Surgery?
Before and After Photos For Ethnic Rhinoplasty in Istanbul:
- An Effective Algorithm for Management of Noses with Thick Skin. - NCBI
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty - Medscape Education
- African-American and Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty Surgery for Asians, African Americans & Hispanics
- Rhinoplasty: A Multispecialty Approach, An Issue of Clinics in ...
- Mastering Rhinoplasty: A Comprehensive Atlas of Surgical Techniques ...
- Cosmetic Surgery in the Ethnic Population: Special Considerations ...
- Rhinoplasty for African American Patients: A Retrospective Review of ...
- Facial Plastic Surgery Gains Popularity with Racial and Ethnic ...
Appointment Phone: +90 212 561 00 52
Mobile phone: +90 533 6550199