Ear Plastic Surgery in Istanbul, Turkey
Ear Plastic Surgery
|Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty - Pinnaplasty - Auriculoplasty - Cosmetic Ear Surgery - Ear Plastic Surgery - Surgical Correction of Prominent Ears - Protruding Ear Surgery - Ear Reshaping)|
This is a esthetic surgical procedure which seeks to correct the appearance of large and / or protruding ears.
Pinna (or Auricle) Anatomy
The external ear (pinna / auricle) of living things in nature, unlike the others, plays a small role in human hearing function.
You can find the names of anatomical points on pinna at the video above.
Definition of Protruding Ear or Prominent Ear
Prominent ear deformity is defined as a be angled outward and obvious meaning earlap deformity. The most common congenital anomalies in the skull and facial area , although there is no consensus on a clear definition in the literature.
For the emergence of prominent ear deformity in one or more of the following anatomical deformities should be existed:
- Antihelikal angle is insufficient. Without sufficient amount of antihelikal fold can cause the pinna position as angled outward.
- Conchal cartilage is more than normal. In this way, turning right out of the auricular conchal will be more apparent from the pit .
- Conchomastoid angle is more than the normal. In this way, even if structurally normal auricle will be directed outwardly bucket may become evident.
- Further development of earlap (rare).
Conchal protrusion together with lack of antihelikal angle are coexisted in 90% of patients. All of these deformities are mostly genetic. Sometimes it can be found with hereditary diseases.
Protruding Ear Surgery - Mustardé Technique - Animated Presentation
|Protruding Ear Surgery - Mustardé Technique - Animated Presentation|
Description of animated pictures:
- The injector tip dipped in the creation of a space for the marking of the planned new antihelikal angle
- Incision is made behind the pinna, with continued dissection appears to make the back side of the conchal cartilage (At this stage, further processing can be done in the form of removal of the ellipsoid skin island).
- Matrix sutures are placed in the marked area shown in the injector holes
- Skin and subcutaneous sutures are placed and the operation is terminated.
Protruding Ear Surgery - Pitanguy Technique - Animated Presentation
|Protruding Ear Surgery - Pitanguy Technique - Animated Presentation|
This techinque performed especially in excess conchal cartilage, in order to reduce the depth of the conchal bowl and approximate the auricle to the skull.
Description of animated pictures:
- A double-edged ellipsoid shape additional incision is made on the back of conchal cartilage.
- On the outside of the new cartilage incision, skin is dissected from cartilage on the anteror part elipsoid cartilage area.
- While ellipsoid cartilage islet become on the anterior, mutual slip provided of surrounding cartilages and sutured.
- Skin and subcutaneous sutures placed and operation is terminated.
Protruding Ear Surgery - Modified Technique
Description of modified technique:
- Incision is made behind the pinna, with continued dissection appears to make the back side of the conchal cartilage.
- Re-created in the fold between the fields and the incisions are made on the cartilage inziyon islands separated from the front portion of the skin is dissected edge regions. Using absorbable suture materials are sewn to create folds backwards. In fact, in the form of islands of cartilage ellipsoid can also be created separately. In this technique defined to obtain a natural angle. Permanent suture is not required.
Protruding Ear Surgery - Conchomastoid Technique
Apart from that, the cartilage weaken or different techniques are available for the cartilage abrasion.
To get the best results, one or a few of these techniques can be applied to each patient by the surgeon.
Postoperative Patient Care After Protruding Ear Surgery
|Postoperative Patient Care After Protruding Ear Surgery|
Antibiotics and pain medication are usually given for a period of first one week.
Varying amounts are normal to see the following which depending on the size of the surgery and different modifications of techniques:
- Pain in the ears and feeling the pressure to be due to the bandage.
- Edema and erythema on surgical area (usually seen in small amounts) .
- Incision scar behind the ear auricle can be visibl but usually it is unnoticed by people.
- Numbness around the incision behind the ear (this situation may improve in the months). Plaese remember that, shaping and hardening of the tissue after operation occur in a period of 2 months and for the full results and permanent harden up to 12 months . Therefore after surgery, ears plaster wrap or bandage application are used.
Before and After Photos for Ear Plastic Surgery in Istanbul, Turkey
Appointment Phone: +90 212 561 00 52
Mobile phone: +90 533 6550199