Myringoplasty Operation in Istanbul, Turkey
The aim of the eardrum surgeries (tympanoplasty / myringoplasty):
- Prevent recurrent ear infections.
Tympanic Membran Perforation - A Hole In The Eardrum
|Tympanic Membran Perforation - A Hole In The Eardrum|
Tympanic membrane perforation defined as hole or tear in ear drum. This problem can cause to hearing loss and deterioration of barrier function of ear drum.
Perforations without infection or cholesteatoma are not painful. The patient may report audible whistling sounds during sneezing and nose blowing, decreased hearing, and a tendency to infection during colds and when water enters the ear canal. Perforation with infection typically results in copious purulent drainage, which may be sanguineous in both acute and chronic perforation. Surgeries to treat the eardrum (tympanoplasty or myringoplasty) can made according to perforation dimension and middle ear state.
Eardrum Repair Animation
We can perform transcanal (transmeatal, endomeatal) myringoplasty (without endaural incision or retroauricular incision and operation perform via the external auditory canal). With this techinique recovery time is shor and postoperative patient complaints less in comparison to other techniques.
Myringoplasty is often done under general anaesthesia, but it can be done under local anaesthesia also.
Myringoplasty operation should be sutable in the following cases:
- Small, central and dry ear drum perforation
- Dry tympanic mebrane perforations (either central or marginal)
Myringoplasty operation should not be performed in the following cases:
- Active discharge from the middle ear
- Middle ear cholesteatoma which can cause spontaneous drainage from the ear
- Uncontrolled nasal allergy
- When the other ear is dead (deaf ear)
- Patients with less than 3 years of age
Postoperative Patient Care For Myringoplasty Operation
|Postoperative Patient Care For Myringoplasty Operation|
- Do not “pop” your ears by holding your nose and blowing air through the eustachian tube into the ear. If it is necessary to sneeze, do so with your mouth open.
- Do not allow water to enter the ear until advised by your physician that the ear is healed. Until such time, when showering or washing your hair, lamb’s wool or cotton may be placed in the outer ear opening and covered with Vaseline.
- If an incision was made in the skin behind your ear, water should be kept away from this area for 1 week.
- Do not take an unnecessary chance of catching cold. Avoid undue exposure or fatigue. Should you catch a cold, treat it in your usual way, reporting to your doctor.
- For avoiding constipation to eat foods of high in fiber and walking may be useful.
Appointment Phone: +90 212 561 00 52
Mobile phone: +90 533 6550199