Rhinoplasty Recovery Guide 👃 - 1 - Emergencies
Emergency and non-emergency situations after the rhinoplasty operation
In general, emergency situations that can be experienced after rhinoplasty surgery can be summarized as follows:
- Bleeding in the nostrils or in the form of a nasal discharge
- The appearance of silicone splints (usually nothing is done except splinting)
- The removal of external thermoplastic splint (no problem if it does not go out in the first few days)
Apart from these, our patients were mistakenly multiplying their noses or lying on the first days. It is important for you to be satisfied with your lifelongness to pay attention to the recommendations given to you after the surgery.
- Color change at the tip of the nose and tissue damage due to tight bandage (deterioration of tissue feeding) (I have not seen it until now).
It is normal to see the following conditions after nasal surgery (non-urgent situations):
- Dripping and leaking bleeding from the nostrils in the front and nasal region
- Swelling and morrow on the underside of the eyes and nose. This can happen for the first 3 days.
- A small amount of hemorrhagic area is visible from the inside of the eye (if the nasal bone fracture is performed from the outside, it is made from this region)
- Especially 5-6. day nasal obstruction (due to closure of splints inside the nose)
- After the first week, bruising in areas with bruises
- Silicone splints have sneezing attacks due to nasal hair contact (simple allergy pills containing antihistamines can be used if sneezing attacks are frequent since bleeding can start)
- As the operation is performed under general anesthesia, nausea and vomiting (sometimes mixed with blood) can be seen in the postoperative 4 hour period (when the anesthetic drugs are destroyed by the body).
- Sometimes the nasal bandage and the external thermoplastic splint on the nose can spontaneously separate and lift through the skin. This is especially true in patients with fatty skin. Please do not remove the outer bandages and materials yourself on the nose without informing.
- The supplied swelling and bruising relieving gels (Arnica Glu or Etofla-K Gel), and leave a brownish layer on the skin when dry. When Arnica Montana Flower juice dries out, this color is causing it. You can easily clean it with water and cotton.
I want to add diffirent information that "my some patients who planned to rhinoplasty in Istanbul with us, they asking the book travel insurance that "if something goes wrong in surgery and a patient needs emergency medical care, what is the process?" and in generally they say that "they will not cover medical emergencies for people who choose to have surgery abroad". I am glad to I never seen any serious emergency case after the rhinoplasty operation. Most frequently imergency is the nose bleeding and it can be generally stopped with some recommendations. You can stay in a hotel near my office. Other than that, the nosebleed risk is usually the highest in the first 10 days. Staying in Istanbul for 10 days can be convenient.
Links you can find detailed information about the subject >> Nose - rhinoplasty / Cosmetic surgery - Procedures - NHS Choices / Rhinoplasty and Nasal Surgery / Complications of Rhinoplasty - Medscape Reference
Similar links about rhinoplasty >>
- Natural Rhinoplasty in Istanbul, Turkey
- Nose Job in Istanbul
- Revision Rhinoplasty in Istanbul
- Rhinoplasty in Istanbul
- Nasal Tip Plasty and Nose Tip Lifting in Istanbul, Turkey
- Health Zone Turkey: Nose Tip Plasty – Nose Tip Lifting in İstanbul ...
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty in Istanbul
- Rhinoplasty Post-Operative Instructions and Recommendation (Brief Summary)
The information in this guide was prepared by Dr.Murat Enöz for patients who underwent rhinoplasty. You can find different opinions and suggestions from other clinics and doctors. Please take into consideration the recommendations of the doctors who performed your aesthetic nose surgery. Sometimes drug names given here only in Turkey may also belong to the drugs found. Plenty of luck :)
Appointment Phone: +90 212 561 00 52
Mobile phone: +90 533 6550199