Advantages and Disadvantages of Internal Nasal Splints
|Why Use Internal Nasal Splints After Nose Surgeries? - Internal Nasal Splint Advantages Over Other Nasal Packings - Disadvantages of Internal Nasal Splint by Other Nasal Packings|
Why Use Internal Nasal Splints After Nose Surgeries?Internal nasal splints is used for various nasal operations, symmetric pressure in the nasal cavity, stabilization of the septum and prevention of adhesion tissue in the nasal cavity.
Internal Nasal Splint Advantages Over Other Nasal PackingsThe advantages of internal nasal splints compared to other classic and old nasal packings can be summarized as follows:
- It does not adhere to the nasal tissues like classic nasal tampons and minimizes the pain of patients while removing
- Since it is fixed to the end of the nasal septum with a single suture, the patient usually does not come out spontaneously when sneezed
- The air vent in the middle is not easily blocked and the patient can breathe after the operation.
- Risk of bacterial growth, abscess or infection in the nose are lower
- It can stand on the nose without any stitches and prevents adhesion between the nose and septum
- Soluble buffers usually cannot stay in the nose for more than 5 days and cannot prevent the risk of intranasal adhesion as silicone nnasal splints
Disadvantages of Internal Nasal Splint by Other Nasal PackingsThe disadvantages of internal nasal splints compared to other classic and old nasal packings can be summarized as follows:
The major disadvantage of silicone buffer (internal silicone splint) is the absence of bleeding-free effects when there is severe bleeding in the nose. For this reason, there are also forms of spongeling agent which has spontaneous fusible spongel on its outer parts. When septoplasty operation is performed together with turbinate radiofrequency, it is better to use silicone nasal splints in this form.
Is Internal Nasal Splints Removal Painful?Generally, internal nasal splints are fixed to the anterior part of the nasal septum by one suture. Most of the pain felt during removal of the internal nasal splints is felt during cutting and removal of this suture. Below you can watch the nasal splint removal video.
Nasal Splint Removal Video
Appointment Phone: +90 212 561 00 52
Mobile phone: +90 533 6550199