Cortisone Injections During Rhinoplasty Operation Reduces Swelling and Bruising After Surgery!
Intraoperative and Postoperative Intravenous Cortisone Injection Can Reduce The Swelling and Bruising After Rhinoplasty Operation
Rhinoplasty (rhinoplasty) is perhaps the most common plastic surgery, but it is a group of different technical applications that vary according to the surgeons and patients.Many physicians prefer different minimal traumatic applications in order to improve their patients as soon as possible after surgery and to have the least pain relief needs and to have the least bruising and swelling after
Intravenous Cortisone Injections in Nose Aesthetic SurgeryDuring nasal aesthetic surgery, during surgery, during surgery and nasal bones (osteotomies) various cortisone-containing drugs in the application of vein, in patients with bladder and swelling in the end of surgery to reduce the effects of science published in recent years were shown. You can find links to the scientific studies published in 2018 in the "sources" section at the end of this article.
Postoperative periorbital edema is a common side effect of rhinoplasties involving lateral osteotomies. In addition to the surgeon, patients are generally not satisfied with this situation. To reduce edema development, osteotomies are performed at the end of all soft tissue manipulation. The efficacy of intravenous dexamethasone in the reduction of edema in patients undergoing rhinoplasty with lateral osteotomies has been hit in different studies.
Postoperative periorbital edema and bruising are perhaps the most disturbing complaints in rhinoplasty patients. The degree of swelling and bruising is influenced by several factors and numerous prophylactic and therapeutic measures have been described in the literature.
There are studies showing that administration of hydrocortisone intaoperatievely and dexamethasone administration postoperatively are effective in reducing edema and bruising after surgery. Generally, short-acting cortisone drug injections can be performed before the beginning of the operation and before the nasal bone fracture begins.
- regular nasal irrigation with ice powder + sterile serum
- use of minimal traumatic techniques
- subcutaneous contact with air as short as possible
- lowering blood pressure during surgery may reduce the occurrence of edema and bruising after rhinoplasty operation.
Source links >>
- Reducing Periorbital Edema and Ecchymosis after Rhinoplasty: Literature Review and Personal Approach
- Evaluation of efficacy of peri-operative administration of hydrocortisone and dexamethasone in prevention of post-operative complications in oral and maxillofacial surgeries
- USE OF STEROIDS IN RHINOPLASTY WITH LATERAL OSTEOTOMIES FOR REDUCING POST OPERATIVE OEDEMA
- Clinical practice guideline: improving nasal form and function after rhinoplasty
Similar links about rhinoplasty >>
- Natural Rhinoplasty in Istanbul, Turkey
- Nose Job in Istanbul
- Revision Rhinoplasty in Istanbul
- Rhinoplasty in Istanbul
- Nasal Tip Plasty and Nose Tip Lifting in Istanbul, Turkey
- Health Zone Turkey: Nose Tip Plasty – Nose Tip Lifting in İstanbul ...
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty in Istanbul
- Rhinoplasty Post-Operative Instructions and Recommendation (Brief Summary)
- Rhinoplasty Recovery Guides - 50 Individual Topics About Nose Job
Appointment Phone: +90 212 561 00 52
Mobile phone: +90 533 6550199